Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

A year ago today, my service dog Lucy was born. Now as she sleeps at my feet, I look back on the past seven months we've been a part of each other's lives and think how much richer and more fulfilled my life feels now that I have her by my side every day than it would if I were to continue living the way I had lived prior to knowing she existed.
Because of her, I finally know what it means to love someone more than yourself and to care for someone's well being more than your own. I am so excited to watch her continued progress as she grows and to finally get our first full year as a team underway. Who knows where she will be this time next year? Thanks everyone for all your support! We look forward to sharing more of our adventures with you soon!

Happy Birthday Lucy, thanks for being such a good friend and helper. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment